“THE MOMENT GOD IS FIGURED OUT WITH NEAT LINES AND DEFINITIONS, WE ARE NO LONGER DEALING WITH GOD.”
I loved this conversation with Rob Bell.
Rob Bell shakes up how we see religion and spirituality. Rather than focusing on dogma or beliefs, Rob prefers the world of mystery, art, wonder and living in the moment. He offers a refreshing view of how to cultivate a spiritual life that focuses on love, grief, loss, taking care of ourselves and embracing all the messy parts of being human. Rob said, “Often times when I meet atheists and we talk about the god they don’t believe in, we quickly discover that I don’t believe in that god, either.”
In this episode we discuss a little bit of everything, including:
- Why genuine spirituality always goes beyond specific traditions
- How to find rhythm in your life that supports wellbeing and creativity
- Why “endings” allow the fresh and the new into your life
- Jesus as a wayshower to love rather than a superhuman saviour
- The Compassion Collective with Brené Brown & Elizabeth Gilbert
- Why we need to re-imagine religious words that make us want to throw up
- How to get unstuck and live a life worth living
- And much, much more…
Rob Bell is a New York Times bestselling author, international teacher and highly sought after public speaker. TIME magazine named Rob Bell one of the 100 most influential people in the world. In 2015, Oprah invited Rob on her “Life You Want Tour” with Elizabeth Gilbert, Mark Nepo and Deepak Chopra. Along with Brené Brown, Rob is a founding member of the “The Compassion Collective” raising over $1 million for the European refugees crisis.
More about Rob Bell…
Subscribe to Our Podcast Show
Jono Fisher hosts inspiring conversations with remarkable people. The highs, the lows and what fuels a kind and courageous life.