“IGNORE THE STORY AND SEE THE SOUL. REMEMBER TO LOVE, YOU’LL NEVER REGRET IT.”
Seane Corn is one of the most inspirational people around. In this conversation she explores deep and sometimes difficult topics with tremendous honesty, warmth and humour. She shared about her upbringing, how she found yoga and how this relates to spirituality, activism and personal transformation. As one of the most sought-after yoga teachers in the world, Seane views yoga as a path to whole-hearted, engaged and fearless living. Her eloquent and down-to-earth nature will help you find the courage and inspiration even in the most difficult and painful circumstances.
In this conversation, we explore:
- Why spirituality embraces atheism
- A life changing moment at an all male sex club called “Heaven”
- Why there is nothing more holy than a commitment to love and truth
- The importance of choosing a spiritual teacher that is right for you
- The need to find a therapist or someone who can support you with guilt, grief, shame etc
- Why suppressing any emotion will find an outlet in dysfunctional ways
- Why Seane’s prayer is summed up in “God please don’t let me be an asshole today”
- Seane’s 6 non-negotiables in living a wholehearted life
Seane Corn is one of the world’s most influential yoga instructors. She has been featured on the Oprah Winfrey Network, the Today Show and been on the front cover of over 25 magazines. She is the co-founder of Off The Mat, Into the World®, a training organisation that uses the power of yoga to ignite grassroots social change and has raised over $4 million for social causes. She is the “National Yoga Ambassador” for YouthAIDS and was honoured with the “Conscious Humanitarian” award in 2005. Her many award winning DVDs include The Yoga of Awakening and Detox Flow Yoga.
Subscribe to Our Podcast Show
Jono Fisher hosts inspiring conversations with remarkable people. The highs, the lows and what fuels a kind and courageous life.