“Everything depends on how much you trust.”
Tami Simon is the founder of the hugely successful multimedia publishing company Sounds True. She is also one of my most dearest friends. Over the last 30 years, Sounds True has become the world’s leading wisdom-based publishing house with a mission to disseminate “spiritual wisdom”.
Tami and Sounds True have published hundreds of visionary teachers and thinkers such as Pema Chödrön, Eckhart Tolle, Seth Godin, Ram Dass and Brené Brown. Tami also hosts a weekly podcast series called “Insights at the Edge” that has been downloaded millions of times.
In 2015, we had the privilege of hosting Tami in Australia as one of our speakers for the multi-city “Women Leading Change” tour. This podcast is a recording of the talk Tami gave at the Sydney event.
During this thoughtful talk Tami shares:
- What it means for her to fully show up in her life.
- The importance of telling the truth, taking risks and trusting your own experience.
- The role of “guidance” in growing an amazing company, being in a long-term relationship – and ultimately leading change.
- Some of the lessons she has learned publishing some of the great spiritual teachers.
- The importance of taking “the next step” towards leading change, in big or small ways.
Tami Simon is the Publisher, CEO, and Founder of Sounds True. In 1985, at the age of 22, Tami founded Sounds True, a multimedia publishing company dedicated to disseminating spiritual wisdom. Sounds True has published more than 800 audio, video, music, and book titles along with online courses and events. A two-time winner of the Inc 500 award as one of the fastest growing privately held companies in America, Sounds True is widely recognised as a pioneer in providing life-changing, practical tools that accelerate spiritual awakening and personal transformation.
I’d love to hear your thoughts and experiences, so feel free to share them with the community on Facebook. I always love hearing from you.
Subscribe to Our Podcast Show
Jono Fisher hosts inspiring conversations with remarkable people. The highs, the lows and what fuels a kind and courageous life.