Wake Up values your privacy and is committed to protecting the personal information you provide to us.
How we may collect your personal information
We may collect the following categories of personal information from you, depending on your interaction with us:
- your name;
- your contact details, including email address, mailing address, post code and/or telephone number;
- details pertaining to any email you send us or web contact form you fill out via the Websites, or the feedback you provide to us at one of our events;
- video footage and photographs of you if you attend one of our events; and
- any other personal information you provide to us, including via email, social media, over the phone, when signing up to our newsletter list or to our event priority lists or at one of our events.
How we may use your personal information
We may use your personal information to:
- send you email newsletters and updates about upcoming events and to send you other information that we believe may be helpful and of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving this information at any time by following the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our emails;
- contact you regarding your participation in one of our events;
- process any orders you make through our Website(s);
- respond to any email or enquiry you send to us or via our Website(s);
- include photos and videos of our events on our Website(s); and
- monitor, operate and maintain the Website(s) and other services offered by us on the Website(s).
If you sign up for early event notification lists, you will receive future communication from the Wake Up Project. You may opt out of receiving this information at any time by following the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our emails.
When we may disclose your personal information to others
We are not involved in the selling, trading or other unauthorised use of your personal information. We will not pass on your personal details to any other organisations unless it is necessary to perform our business functions or, in some circumstances, to our event partners (but only if we have specifically said that we might on the relevant event webpage or ticketing page). These third parties may be located overseas.
We may also disclose your personal information to comply with our legal obligations.
How we store your personal information
We store any information you give us in electronic and sometimes hard copy form. We are mindful of making sure that it is securely stored, whether on our computers, on online servers or in physical premises that are secure. All of our online accounts are password protected and are only accessible by our employees.
Accessing your personal information
If you would like to request access to, or correction of, your personal information we hold about you, please contact us by email to the address set out below.
If you have any questions about this policy or about the handling of your personal information, please contact us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to you as soon as we can. If you are not satisfied with our response, you can also contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
We may update this policy from time to time. Any changes will be effective once posted to our Websites.
Last updated July 2015
©Wake Up Project Pty Ltd, ACN 096 535 625. All rights reserved.